Wednesday, April 30, 2014

  Week 9 - Devotional 3 – Jesus Teaches to Serve – Who I Am Defines How I Serve

Wednesday (30/04/2014) – Read John 13:3-5

Describe the actions of Jesus one by one in the sequence they happen.

What did Jesus know?

How did what Jesus knew help Him to serve better?

For me this is a very powerful vision of Jesus. You can’t see any insecurity in Him at the moment when He gets up and performs that servant activity. Why? The answer is found on verse 3: The identity of Jesus. It’s the fact of knowing who He is, that He owns an authority given by the Father, that His origin is in God and that His destiny is in God who ables Him to leave His place and execute the work of a servant.

We can see in Jesus the humbleness aspect well founded by the security of His identity in God. What about your identity? Where is it based? Who are you? What are the values that lead your life?

Read Ephesians 1:3-14 to find what God did for you. Now read it again replacing the pronouns we, us for I, me. Seek to find where you are positioned and what happened to you because of that. Why is our identity so important? Because who I am defines how I serve.

 Memory Verse:

 “Serve one another in love.”

Galatians 5:13c


No comments: